The main objectives of exercise are to:
- Promote health
- Strengthen muscles
- Improve cardiovascular organization
- Elevate athletic skills
- Prevent obesity, diabetes, heart diseases
- Make the body flexible
Exercises for Senior Citizens
Besides, senior citizens can do various other physical exercises, which include aerobics, muscle flexibility and endurance exercises.
Some Points to Remember
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes on a regular basis
- Start slowly and increase activity gradually
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes, while exercising
- Test blood glucose level
- Consult a physician before starting any exercise regimen
These tips will help in fulfilling all the objectives of exercise and provide an all-round development of body, mind and soul. Proper care of senior health, will also make life worthy of living.